Iowa Troop Pantry is pleased to report that we have mailed 525 care packages totalling 5,868 lbs.to-date. This is thanks to the great support of our fellow Iowans. Without you, we could not care for our deployed troops. THANK YOU!
We are getting ready to send out our 2011 Holiday Care Packages. Iowa Troop Pantry is in desperate need of some essential items (items that go in each and every care package) and funds to send these boxes out. We currently have enrollees who only receive one meal per day. It is our job, our duty to help support these brave men and women who represent our country and our state.
The top items we are looking for are:
1. POP-TOP canned goods: Spaghettios, ravioli, soup, tuna, chicken, sardines, fruits-- most anything that you can pop the lid on and eat without having to cook!
2. Socks: Black or grey crew length- The quality of the military issue are less than great. They fall apart fast. We send two pairs in every box!
3. Gold Bond Foot Powder- Send a bottle in every box. Maintaining foot health is key.
4. Powdered drinks- the individual packages that may go in water bottles- Propel, Powerade, Kool-Aid, etc. Also, individually packaged coffee- both regulation good caffeine and some flavored, hot chocolate and apple cider- NO LIQUIDS please!
5. GEL shaving cream and razors
6. Beanie stocking caps- Black and grey
7. Trail mix, non-chocolate candies- Twizzlers and Gummy Bears/Worms are a real favorite! , dried fruit, nuts in a can, Pringles.
8. Shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothpaste
9. Lip Balm with min. SPF 15, Carmex, Blistex
10. Wet Wipes and travel size Kleenex
ALL items can be found between Wal-Mart, Dollar Store and Hy-Vee (coffee especially there).
We are happy to arrange a pick up with you, a drop off point or whatever works! We depend on our fellow Iowans to keep Iowa Troop Pantry moving forward.
Please contact us at (319) 430-8118 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to donate goods or set up a donation drive with your local organization.